Monday 26 September 2011

Alix Bluh




Another lovely birthday present I got from my boyfriend, this one was less of a surprise though. We picked this little gem up from my favourite New York boutique, Love Adorned. There was so many lovely pieces to choose from but this was the one that really stood out to me. The 18th Century 'Eyeris' necklace by Alix Bluh. I had never heard of the designer before but have since done a little bit of research into her work and can honestly say I was blown away with what I saw. When talking about her design concept, Bluh has said "I have always been so moved by the stories found in nature, in time-worn objects, in mourning jewellery and religious reliquaries. I want to create heirloom pieces that are not about fad and fashion, but rather sentiment and timelessness'.

Feast your eyes on her stunning work here.

Thought I'd also share this little video on Love Adorned, it get's me a little sad. I wish I could live in that store!






No comments:

Post a Comment