Friday 23 September 2011

DIY: Tom Binns Neon Necklace






I've been drooling over Tom Binns Swarovski crystal neon necklaces for a while now but with a £1, 575 price tag I was slightly put off. A few weeks ago in London I was having a little jaunt around Harvey Nichols when I came across the 'Slap Dash' necklace (top image). I couldn't believe how 'Slap Dash' it actually was! Definitely DIY-able I thought. 

If you fancy a little art project then here's what you'll need:

1. Crystal necklaces (Mines are all vintage, bought from vintage parties and car boot sales. I used 3 to bulk it up)

2. Neon Nail Varnish (American Apparel)

3. Small safety pins (I used gold ones for a bit of contrast)

I painted each necklace separately before using safety pins to hold them all together, but you can also use a strong thread or even wire. Slightly more fiddly I imagine. I decided to stick with the one colour, but if you'd like to mix it up a bit then visit the Tom Binns website here for some inspiration!

Good Luck!

4 comments:

  1. You did a great job! Love your DIY! I have been trying to get the Tom Binns look as well. Check out my DIY: http://www.aprilgolightly.com/2012/01/diy-edgypearls/

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg, i saw this pic on one of the blogs and googled to find out where does it come from! it looks fantastic! you have done such a great job! on the other hand- shame i cannot purchase this somewhere :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is sooooo cool! It looks so much better with the neon yellow on it!

    xx

    http://fashiontweed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So Coolllllllllll, I love it so much. You are wonder woman. ^^

    ReplyDelete